Monday 28 November 2011

I lied

As i trawled through the pages of my life i found,
Truth has many facets to it,of which lies are profound.
I found, that behind the amiable facade, there was the unpleasant me,
Behind the face that smiled, there was a face, no one else could see.
I lied.

Bearing in mind the things that would affect the long run,
Sometimes to make someone laugh, sometimes, just for fun,
Most of the times, to save my neck and to survive,
Sometimes out of force, sometimes to thrive.
I lied.

To numb the pain for a while,
Or just to see a loved one smile,
Sometimes out of insecurity and confusion,
I altered the truth a little, also the vision.
I lied.

Yes, I modified the truth immensely, more or less,
Or I tried and failed miserably to justify, nevertheless,
To please people and myself,
By a mere choice of mine, or destiny's.
I lied.

To stop myself from faltering,
I shamelessly kept on altering,
To hide my flaws, i feigned emotions,
We are all fallible, I falsified true notions.
I lied.

In a due course of time though, to me it finally transpired,
Everyone lies and that it will prevail along with the truth, until all time expired,
They say thoughts leave deeper scarring than physical wounds, that is justifiable,
Lying, unless it fatally damages someone, is acceptable.

Sometimes, life is too good to be true,
Yes, I lied. We all do.



13 comments:

  1. 'Sometimes, life is too good to be true,
    Yes, I lied. We all do.'
    = Epic! :)
    P.S : I'm so proud of you. :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...yeah that way I have lied a lot! Ms. Greesha Ramesh stole my exact words of comment. :P but I'll second her! :) This is indeed a very nice piece written...after all, a little lie for too much good has many stories written like this! I have lied too...so many many many times...'We all do.'....don't we? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Awesome Truly Awesome !!!
    P.S I Din't Lie :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jyottsnaa - yes we do!:D
    @Deeksha - haha.. you just did:P thank you so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am actually at loss of words here. A very strong emotion expressed damn beautifully. Lump in my throat!!!

    Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Neha - i dont know what to say! people like you? you've got a strong inspirational vibe to your writing!:) and i am just beginning..still trying..thats all:) i must say that your comments will be taken as motivational:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well then motivation is always at your doorstep babes... You got me spellbind with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *sigh* Been there, done that, but never looked at this way. Beautiful, this one is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "To numb the pain for a while,
    Or just to see a loved one smile,
    Sometimes out of insecurity and confusion,
    I altered the truth a little, also the vision.
    I lied."

    I think we can all relate to doing this especially the part about seeing a loved one smile.

    As I read the other comments, I'm soo amazed to see that you have just started writing recently ~ WoW! You are a natural and I look forward to time blessing you with many more readers who will appreciate your writing just as much as I am doing at this moment!

    Awesome writing and rhymes!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Savvy, :) thanks:) and your blog is AWESOME!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am happy that you could somehow connect to it:)
    you are very motivating and sweet:) i could not thank you more!:)

    ReplyDelete